Teen Fit Certified
HFAC’s Teen Fit Certification program seeks to build trust, independence and support healthy habits. Once a Jr. Member has passed the class and their parent/guardian has signed off, they receive a yellow wristband that provides access to the following privileges:
- Check into the club on their own, without their parent/guardian on-site.
- Use the facility the same as an adult member, including checking out equipment from the front desk, using the weight room and using cardio equipment.
- By state law, kids age 14 and under may not use the pool without a lifeguard on duty or under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- Participate in Group Exercise classes with instructor permission.
- Charge to the primary account holders’ membership account. (The primary account holder is responsible for all charges. The club cannot get involved in disputes between family members).
- A discounted rate on follow up workout help with Personal Trainer, Brian Smith (ask for details).
The Teen Fit Certification class $10 and is taught by a HFAC Certified Personal Trainer. Kids are given a comfortable introduction to the club etiquette and policies as well as safe and effective workout techniques. Participants finish with a short test. Once the test is passed, this is entered into the system and a Teen Fit Certified Yellow Wristband is provided to wear in the club.